Connect with us

Barcelona Latest News

Barcelona Offer Aguero Two Years Contract?

Published

on

Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero has reportedly been offered a two-year contract by Barcelona.

The Premier League leaders have already revealed that Aguero will end his 10-year association with the club at the end of the season.

While the 32-year-old has been linked with a number of different English clubs, Camp Nou is regarded as a likely destination for the Argentine.

According to TyC Sports, negotiations between the relevant parties have been taking place in recent days, leading to terms being offered to the player.

The report adds that Juventus are also interested in securing the services of Aguero, claiming that the Italian side are able to offer the frontman a more lucrative contract.

Aguero & Messi in Argentine Training Session

Aguero has been limited to six starts and nine substitute appearances during his final campaign at the Etihad Stadium.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Barcelona Latest News

Ilaix Moriba Is A BALLER! Watch His Excellent Passes & Top Notch Goals

Published

on

Moriba Kourouma Kourouma (born 19 January 2003), known as Ilaix Moriba (Catalan: [iˈɫaʃ muˈɾiβə]), is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for Barcelona B.

Born in Guinea, Moriba represents Spain internationally.

📺 Watch His Great Skills & Excellent Goals:

Continue Reading

Barcelona Latest News

Football Belongs To Fans – Gerrard Pique

Published

on

The European Super League was boldly announced on Sunday, with Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United the founding members. Florentino Perez, recently re-elected president of Madrid, was slated as being in line to serve as the first president.

The idea came under serious threat on Tuesday evening. Chelsea supporters gathered outside of Stamford Bridge in protest at the project, while City confirmed they’d enacted the process of leaving the Super League, shortly followed by celebratory tweets from Raheem Sterling and Aymeric Laporte.

United confirmed that the club’s chairman, Ed Woodward, would leave the club at the end of 2021, while there was even rumours, refuted, that Andrea Agnelli had offered his resignation to Juventus and Florentino was beginning to come under serious pressure. Liverpool players, led by Jordan Henderson, posted a message on social media openly rebelling against the project.

Atletico were thought to have pulled out earlier in the evening, only for the claim to be refuted, while reports indicated that Joan Laporta was waiting for Barcelona’s socios to ratify their entry into the Super League before confirming it. El Partidazo de Cope claimed both Atletico and Barcelona were still committed to the project after a meeting between the 12 founding clubs, with only City out so far. Chelsea were said to be wavering.

Fabrizio Romano followed that up with a report that Florentino was running late for an interview on Spanish radio as he was locked in discussions with the ten other clubs still remaining in the Super League.

The English clubs, Romano claimed, are the key to what’s going to happen after City’s withdrawal, and this was confirmed shortly after by Paul Gilmour, who claimed that an announcement was imminent that all six Premier League clubs would be leaving the Super League this evening, news that was followed by a statement from Barcelona legend Gerard Pique.

“Football belongs to the fans,” he said. “Today more than ever.”

Continue Reading

Barcelona Latest News

Laporta’s change of heart on European Super League

Published

on

Had opposed project before being elected

Joan Laporta appears to have changed his mind over whether he wants Barcelona to be involved in a European Super League.

The Catalan club, which he now presides over, are one of 12 teams to have announced their decision to break away from the Champions League.

However, during his campaign trail earlier this year, Laporta was asked about the prospect of a European Super League. Barcelona’s involvement had been agreed by his predecessor, Josep Maria Bartomeu.

“I think the European Super League is killing the football industry,” Laporta told COPE.

“It’s just a question of money. But that’s my personal opinion and it’s from what I’ve read from what’s come out about it.

“I have very little detailed information about how the competition will be organised. But I’m more of the view that money isn’t everything.”

Laporta also suggested alternatives to a European Super League, including an expanded Club World Cup and an international World Cup every two years.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

x
%d bloggers like this: